- 2017... The 2017 Decalcomania/I.R.C.A/N.R.C Convention will be held Thursday August 17-Saturday August 19 (checking out on Sunday) at the Best Western Airport Plaza hotel,
1981 Terminal Way, Reno NV 89502. For reservations use phone number 775-348-6371 and request National Radio Club rate of $100 per night plus tax.
Major credit cards accepted. (Attendees are encouraged to double up, share a room and save). Airlines serving Reno include Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest,
United, and Volaris. Amtrak passenger train service is available as well. Registration fee (not including banquet) is $25 payable to Mike Sanburn, po box 1256, Bellflower CA 90707-1256.
Or, by PayPal (add $1 to cover fee) email@example.com Include contact info and club affiliation(s) if any. Information on activities, banquet, and station tours will be announced
shortly. Visitors' information can be found online
- 2016... Joint NRC/IRCA/WTFDA/Decalomania 2016 Kansas City, MO.
- 2015... Joint NRC/IRCA/WTFDA/Decalomania 2015 Fort Wayne, IN. hosted by Scott Flybush.
Convention technical-talk audio and slides at Mark Durenberger's website.
Note: Clicking the link will browse to Mark's website in a new window.
Convention summary by Mark Durenberger
- 2012... Joint NRC/WTFDA 2012 Bridgeport, WV.
Convention summary by Ernest J. Wesolowski
Convention summary by John Malicky
Convention summary by John Malicky
- 2008 ...
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Convention summary by John Malicky
- 2007 ...
Boise Idaho, Convention wrap up by John Malicky
- 2006 ...
Akron OH, Activities and Reservation Information!
- 2005 ...
Kulpsville PA, hosted by Dave Schmidt.
- 2004 ...
Batavia NY, hosted by Jerry Bond, Saul Chernos, Greg Coniglio, Scott Fybush, Rick Lucas, Jim Renfrew, Nolan Stephany. Held at the Days Inn, Batavia.
- 2003 ...
Dallas TX, hosted by Wally Wawro, Bill Hale, & John Callarman. Held at the Holiday Inn.
- 2002 ...
Lima OH, hosted by Fred Vobbe. Held at the Hampton Inn.
- 2001 ...
Pittsburgh PA, hosted by John Malicky. Click for pictures of the convention in Pittsburgh PA.
- 2000 ...
Lima OH, hosted by Fred Vobbe. Held at the Hampton Inn.
- 1999 ...
Bridgeport WV, hosted by Bill Swiger. Click for pictures of the convention in Bridgeport WV
- 1998 ... San Antonio TX, hosted by Dale & Wanda Hamm. Leroy Dietrich, chief engineer of KTSA-550, was one of two guest speakers. The entire weekend wa
stifling hot - hi temperature all four days AVERAGED 108!!)
- 1997 ... New Castle, DE, hosted by Dave Schmidt. Allan Loudell of WILM as guest speaker. Princess Diana died the same night Allan spoke, so airchecks from the weekend have the same lead story.
- 1996 ... Knoxville TN, hosted by Steve Francis.
- 1995 ... Aurora CO, hosted by Wayne & Joan Heinen at the Ramada Inn.
- 1994 ... Merrimack, NH, Bruce Conti hosted.
- 1993 ... Enfield CT, "60th Anniversary convention", hosted by Ron Musco
- 1992 ... Omaha, NE, hosted by Ernie Wesolowski, Curne Chadwick, Dan Bartek, Carl Mann, Mike Hawk, Neil Zank and Bob McCoy at the Days Inn. Banquet was at Caniglia's Venice Inn, guest speaker was Dr. Bruce Elving, editor of the FM Atlas. The site was moved to Omaha from Des Moines in June of 1992, and, to this day, I still thank Ernie for bailing out my butt on that one!
- 1991 ... Bridgeport WV, hosted by Bill & Brenda Swiger.
- 1990 ... Pittsburgh PA, hosted by John Malicky and Chris Cuomo at the Greentree Marriott. Guest speaker was the late Bill Steinbach of KDKA.
- 1989 ... Topeka KS, hosted by Paul Swearingen, Todd Brandenburg, and Skip & Buddy Dabelstein at the Ramada Inn. Guest speakers were Warren Wilson of KKTY 88.1 and Ed O'Donnell, chief engineer of WIBW-580.
- 1988 ... Milwaukee WI, hosted by Mike & Sue Knitter at the Midway Motor Lodge.
- 1987 ... Lima OH, hosted by Fred Vobbe at the Milano Inn in downtown Lima.
- 1986 ... New Castle DE, hosted by Dave Schmidt.
- 1985 ... Portsmouth RI, hosted by Craig Healy.
- 1984 ... Colorado Springs CO, hosted by Wayne Heinen.
- 1983 ... Enfield, CT "50th Anniversary convention", hosted by Ron Musco.
- 1982 ... Louisville KY, hosted by Dick Truax and the LADS. Orrin Towner, former engineering director at WHAS, was banquet speaker.
- 1981 ... Rockaway NJ, Mountain Motor Inn, hosted by Russ Edmunds and Bon Stonier. Longtime DX'ers Ernie Cooper, Harley Steward, Pete Clarius, Carleton Lord and Dick Cooper shared the speakers' podium at the banquet.
- 1980 ... Los Angeles CA, Hacienda Hotel, hosted by Greg Hardison and John Clements. Light turnout. No report appeared in DX News.
- 1979 ... St. Charles, MO, Noah's Ark: Lou Buehler, Walt Breville, Rich Eddie and Roger Giannini hosted. More than $700 raised at auction. Among tours -- Anheuser-Busch Brewery.
- 1978 ... Tucker GA (Atlanta suburb); Northlate Hilton, across the road from WSB tower. 73 attended. Aubrey Morris, WSB, was banquet speaker.
- 1977 ... Lincoln, NE; Villager Motel, 62 attended. Neil Zank, Bob McCoy, Skip Dabelstein, Rob Keeney, Roland Lindblade and Ernie Weselowski hosted. 62 attended, touring Back to the Bible Broadcast HQ and the Nebraska NETV network.
- 1976 ... Louisville KY, Holiday Inn South, new attendance record: 74. Louisville Area DX'ers hosted. Ernie Cooper honored for 30 years as Musings Editor. Robert E. Lee, FCC Commissioner, spoke at the banquet.
- 1975 ... Windsor Locks CT, Bradley International Airport Ramada Inn, hosted by Ron Musco and Frank Dailey. Harold Dorschug of WTIC spoke at the banquet. He was at the control board when CBS aired Orson Welles "War of the Worlds".
- 1974 ... Perrysburg OH (Toledo suburb), Ramada Inn, hosted by Gary Siegel, Dan Meyers and Frank Merill, attended by 54 people, but not on the Labor Day weekend. Instead, it was held August 16-18. Royce Woodward of Woodward Frequency Measurements, Mt. Vernon OH, spoke about his work.
- 1973 ... Cambridge MA Sheraton Commander Hotel, 50 attendees, hsoted by Gordon Nelson.
- 1972 ... Coral Gables FL University Inn. Ron Schatz hosted. Five car caravan traveled to VOA-Marathon site.
- 1971 ... West Sacramento CA at El Rancho Hotel, Pete Taylor and Frank Kennedy hosted.
- 1970 ... Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, hosted by Russ Edmunds. New attendance record: 70. David Popkin of the New York City FCC Field Office was banquet speaker. First NRC auction held, brining in more than $100.
- 1969 ... St. Louis MO, Parkway House. Bruce Reynolds hosted.
- 1968 ... Boston, MA Gordon Nelson, Tom Holmes and others hosted the convention at the Fenway Commonwealth Hotel, where 67 DX'ers set a new attendance record. Included among the attendees was the first from outside the USA and Canada, Cesar Objio of the Dominican Republic.
- 1967 ... Eugene, OR, hosted by Bart Cronin, Mike Northam and Carl Staley.
- 1966 ... Montreal, PQ, Downtown Holiday Inn; 48 hosted by Andy Rugg and Sam Simmons.
- 1965 ... Cedar Rapids, IA. Bob Gorsuch and Len Kruse hosted 24 members plus guests at the Roosevelt Hotel.
- 1964 ... Tonawanda NY (Buffalo suburb) Kenton Manor Hotel, Ray B. Edge hosted. 46 attended. Edge retired as executive secretary and turned over the reins to Dick Cooper.
- 1963 ... Denver CO, The Balboa-Thunderbird Motel, 39 members, hosted by Bill Nittler, Marv Robbins, Larry Godwin, John Tracy, Murray Mann, Dave Johnson and Bus Boatman. Club constitution presented and accepted.
- 1962 ... Indianapolis IN David Roys host. Ed Dooley of WLW spoke at the banquet. Vane Jones was there to introduce his new log. Tragically, Carroll Seth, Fran Nittler and Hal Wagner died in an auto accident in Nebraska on the way to the convention from Colorado.
- 1961 ... Amarillo, TX, Ramada Inn, hosted by Larry Godwin, Jeff Stewart, Jack Hathaway, John Tudenham, Glen Kippel, Neal Eubanks and Ross Harp. 53 attended.
- 1960 ... White Plains NY, Roger Smith Hotel, hosted by Peter Hansen, Alex McKenzie, Jim O'Brien, Earnie Cooper and Bob Foxworth. 57 attended. Phil Irwin of WVOX, New Rochelle, was banquet speaker.
- 1959 ... Omaha NE, at the Town House, hosted by Marv Robbins, Phil Robbins, John Sampson, Murray Mann, Earnie Weselowski and R. Haney. First outside speaker at the banquet ... FCC Grand Island Monitoring Station engineer Arthur Johnson. 35 members and 19 guests attended.
- 1958 ... Findley OH. Elbert and Marie Tewell hosted at the Phoenix Hotel. 68 attended.
- 1957 ... Ponca City OK. Hank Ward hosted at the Jens-Marie Hotel. Pat Reilly was honored for attending 25 conventions.
- 1956 ... Harrisburg PA Fred Van Voorhees was host at the Penn Harris Hotel. 63 attended.
- 1955 ... Cedar Rapids IA. The first covnetion held at a hotel. 41 attended, but Ernie Cooper missed his first convention since 1940. Bob Gorsuch was host.
- 1954 ... Williamsville NY. Back to the Brauner's home, where 54 attended at one time or another.
- 1953 ... Wheeling, WV. Sid Rosenbaum and his mother hosted the gathering. 30 attended.
- 1952 ... Williamsville NY at Joe and Marty Brauner's home. 42 attended.
- 1951 ... Kittanning PA, at Dick Cooper's house; banquet at teh Fifth Avenue Hotel in Ford City.
- 1950 ... Williamsville NY, at Joe and Marty Brauner's, 23 Howard Avenue. 25 attended.
- 1949 ... Buffalo NY, 31 attended at Ray Edge's home.
- 1948 ... No convention ... low number of reservations and Mrs. Edge was ill.
- 1947 ... Buffalo NY, 34 attended at Ray Edge's home in Buffalo.
- 1946 ... Buffalo NY, at Ray Edge's home, new record attendance, 48, probable first banquet at McDoell's Restaurant in Buffalo.
- 1945 ... East Hartford CT, at Phil Nichols' home.
- 1944 ... Kittanning PA, at Dick Cooper's Home. Wartime travel again kept attendance down.
- 1943 ... Buffalo NY Low attendance due to wartime travel constrictions, held at Ray B. Edge's home at 325 Shirley Ave.
- 1942 ... Williamsville NY (Buffalo suburb) John Kalmbach Jr's home at 1195 Wehrle Drive.
- 1941 ... Buffalo NY, at Ray B. Edge's home at 525 Stockbridge Ave.
- 1940 ... Erie PA, the first convention over Labor Day weekend. 32 attended.
- 1939 ... Erie PA 37 attended
- 1938 ... Erie PA, the next three years saw the site change to NRC headquarters at Harry M.Gordon's home at 317 East Tenth St., Erie. Banquet at the Sunset Inn and a boat ride on Lake Erie were part of the program.
- 1934-1937 ... The first four NRC conventions were held in late June at the home of Robert R. Weaver, at 603 West Market Street in York, Pa.
Corrections, additions, pictures, literature, stories, etc are ALWAYS welcomed. Contact Us with your information.
last updated March 25, 2017